Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

1 gallon of antifreeze got added to oil did not start engine

Customer Question

1 gallon of antifreeze got added to oil did not start engine drained oil immediately (ISB 5.9 LITRE CUMMINS) can i do 2 oil changes or what
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: isb cummins diesel do not have serial number if required will check it at later date
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thank you
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I can help you with this.

So 1 gallon of antifreeze was added to the engine but the engine was not started with the antifreeze in the oil pan?

If so, I would just change the engine oil once. IF the engine was not started, all the coolant ran to the oil pan. Changing the oil once should be fine.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.