Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a Maxxforce DT9/10 2011. I have an inactive code

Customer Question

I have a Maxxforce DT9/10 2011. I have an inactive code 2332. Also when started often misses and always surges up and down. Particularly when you first staring it and it has set for several days. Tony
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2011 International workstar 7300 DT9
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ? I will look this up and send troubleshooting

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sure BJ373780
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Thanks . I will look this up first thing for you after work today if thats ok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that is fine
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Hi there . I have looked up your vin number and there are a few things you need to be aware of about your truck . Do you have Skype ? I could show you them on screen ? And then we could troubleshoot your fault code too over an audio conversation instead of texting back and forth .

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

You have recalls , authorized field changes and calibration updates that should be done on this unit to promote less issues down the road .

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Are you still there ?

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

2332 is ICP above KOEO spec . This ussually indicates that you icp sensor is inaccurate and should be replaced . It is located under the valve cover on the high pressure oil rail . It is a three wire sensor threaded into the rail between around #5 and 6 injectors .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry I had more vehicles coming in. I don't have skype at this moment. I am not getting real good reception were I'm at. Ok on the ICP. I have one coming.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Ok sounds good . Let me know if you need anything else sir !

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

And skype is free and a small program . Once downloaded , you simply search for my contact name which I will give you once the additional offer is accepted .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What was the recalls
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

That way I can show you more about the outstanding recalls and AFC's on this unit and can help you diagnose further on there if needed .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sounds good
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

The ECM calibration is not current . There are updates that should be applied for egr cooler improvements and longevity aand also improvements for aftertreatment system as well .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great, when I get back in the shop I will skype you
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

I work during the day . But I am around ususally in the evenings . Tonight is a good night .

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Once you accept the additional offer , you will have my private skype contact where you may reach me if needed further in the future .

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

I am currently at work but let me know if you want to proceed with skype tonight . Thanks