Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2001 Isuzu FRR Medium Duty Straight Truck: Relay to

Customer Question

2001 Isuzu FRR Medium Duty Straight Truck: Relay to Condenser Fan Motor is buzzing constantly. The only way to eliminate the noise is to remove the fuse that supplies power to this relay. I also notice the Condenser fan works intermittently, and is extremely slow upon engagement.
1.What is causing the relay to buzz?
2.How do I fix this?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The condenser fan is bad and pulling too much amperage, but not enough voltage and that is why the relay buzzes. Replace the condensor fan motor as an assmbly and it should engage normally. It is held on with 4 bolts and the plug is on the bottom, driver side for it. It is very simple to swap on these.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I replaced condenser fan motors yesterday...The relays no longer make a buzzing noise, however the ac compressor is not firing up...I checked the relays and fuses and they are all good. I don't know what to check next. Please help.I did hook a guage to the low pressure port and it was reading a very high pressure, around 100-120 would be logical if the compressor is not cycling.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

This is a different issue than the relay buzzing which is the original question. Per the site rules, another question needs to be asked.

I wasn't rated and paid on the previous assistance so that is why I choose to take this stance per the rules of the site. Plus this response is a month old. I have to ask that a new question be asked for the A/C compressor issue since it isn't related to the relay buzzing issue. You already stated that issue is resolved.

Good day.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Jeremy I was not aware that you were not paid...Just Answer gladly processed and accepted my original payment for this question..I will certainly not pay for an additional question as the issue that started the buzzing is the root of the problem and not the solution to just replace fan motors. Please let me know how we can proceed...are you asking that I go back and rate your answer I order to proceed for free?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The buzzing of the relay was a symptom. Replacing fan motors that I now spent $165.00 on I don't feel was the solution to this problem. There is something else going on here.