Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

Truck will not stay running and will not let me do a regen I

Customer Question

Truck will not stay running and will not let me do a regen I have a 2008 volo
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: D13 485ph 2100rpm16
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes unplugged battery
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You most likely have a fault on the regen system with a stored code and that is why the regen isn't able to be done. Disconnecting the battery doesn't do anything other than cause more codes because the ECM sees a power loss.

At this time, the onlyo ption is to pull the codes, reset them, and have a manual regen done with the computer. When the manual regen is done, it will code out as to the error and then that error will need to be repaired in order for the regen to complete.

Volvo engines just will not allow regens any other way when they error out.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!