Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I serviced my Freightliner 2007 Columbia Mercedes Benz 455.

Customer Question

I serviced my Freightliner 2007 Columbia Mercedes Benz 455. I changed the fuel filter and must not of put enough fuel in the can and the truck stalled out. I can not get it started. I also have a fuel separated which I changed and filled that with fuel.
1. Can not get it started
2, I was creaking it and it just completely died. No warning. I am hope as the battery were to get low the computer just shut it down. I have a charger on it. I am hoping my battery charger thatI use for my other vehicles will work
Help please
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Do you have a primer pump on the injection pump body? Or is this an electric primer pump in the tank? With the manual primer , you have to open the bleed screw on the injection pump, and pump the primer until all you get is clean fuel, with no air bubbles. When all air is gone, close the bleeder screw and loosen the high pressure injection lines at the injector bodies, then crank engine until there is fule squirting at the injectors, tighten the lines and truck should start. Less hope after charging the batteries that the starter will crank the engine! If not take a look at the battery cable connections on the batteries and see if you don't have a bad connection.

If this engine is all electronic, and has no injection pump, you will need to locate the fuel return line, and open it , then cycle the keyswitch to let the electric fule pump run until you get fuel coming from the return line. Then close the return and see if the engine will start.

Did you get the engine bled?