Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

I have a Ac 7040, Have a severe leak or line in the area

Customer Question

I have a Ac 7040 , Have a severe leak or line in the area where looks like the filter and wonder where to look. Fluid is everywhere. I got this tractor 7 years ago and have no manual, I never change what I think is the filter. Where do I start on this?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I'll need to go retrieve that info. Its close by, be a few minutes
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: serial # 3D-43179
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases you may have to clean off the oil as best as you can then reinspect it when the leak first occurs to locate the source of the leak.Once it is located then it can be determined from there if a line needs replaced or gasket causing this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete