Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

I'm broke down along the road...have a 3208 cat.....was

Customer Question

I'm broke down along the road...have a 3208 cat.....was running fine and starting great Everytime....turned the corner....and it died....cranks but dosent has fuel up to the fuel control...the shut down solenoid seams to be working OK....will try to crank when I dump fuel in the intake
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: It's an older non electronic 3208...
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Unfortunately I have seen this many times before. There are two things I have seen cause this.
The first is a fail shutoff solenoid. I would remove it and take out the plunger under it. Then crank the engine. If it starts the shutdown has failed.
Second is a failed injection pump. If removing the plunger does not allow the engine to start, the fuel system has failed and will need to be rebuilt or replaced.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 month ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.