Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My C7 over heats on grads loaded and now some time empty can

Customer Question

My C7 over heats on long grads loaded and now some time empty can I turn up the valve body in the tranny to down shift earlier or is it a different problem
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Ford 750 last 10 of vin r55v171384
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes some other shop replaced thermostat flushed it did everything except replace water pump
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Using a digital temp reader, take the temps at the individual exhaust ports, inlet and outlet of the radiator, thermostat, and waterpump for hot spots indicating a restriction in the cooling system. Try flushing the system with powder cascade dishwashing detergent and water. Run to temp 15 to 20 minutes each flush with a final straight water rinse. Repeat as needed. Check that the waterpump is circulating the coolant as it should, the radiator has no restricted air flow or damaged shroud, and the fan hub is functioning properly. Let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Supposidly they did all that and it is still overheating on grades but I don't think they used the cascade trick how much should I put in and will I see mud coming out if it is plugged

Sorry for the delay... I got pulled away.... Experts arent employees of the site and help on here as time allows. I usually estimate depending on the size of the radiator.... On this truck I would use about half of one of the small boxes or a couple of cups depending on how bad it is.... You will see if it drains out clear..... Repeat until it does before doing a straight water flush.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?