Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a freightliner M2 with the little Mercedes with codes

Customer Question

I have a freightliner M2 with the little Mercedes with codes 262231 mode 5 and 196695 mode 5 , unit is in derate mode, any help would be appreciated.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 2 months ago.
Good evening
I checked those codes and they don't come upPlease recheck and get back. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've paid you, is that one response all I get?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi Pollard, My name is***** are the definitions I come up with for those codes. I will see what else I can pull up as well. what symptoms are you having with the codes?

SAE - 196695 - Current above normal or

grounded circuit

SPN 19669

SAE - 262231 - Current above normal or

grounded circuit

SPN 26223

Okay. Both of these faults are for programmed and assigned circuits through the bulkhead module. YOu will need to figure out what two accessories were programmed and are not functioning. Inspect the wiring and switches and for damage to the harness, switches or connector pins. Freightliner software is needed to read the bulkhead module and assign/program the SAE circuits. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't ask another question about the same truck?

Hi Pollard, Im not sure why my inbox was not flagged with your response. I was going through my open questions and found it. If related to the same issue then yes or if it is something quick and easy depending on the expert but for the most part the experts get credit for one question at a time which is shared with the site. so if there are two very involved questions then it is best to open a separate one if unrelated to the same issues in the original question. Let me know what you need and I will see if it is something that is fair to combine. Please remember to rate the expert as well since that is how the site credits them for their time helping on the site. Let me know

Hi Pollard, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I couldn't get a response from you and lost the job. Thank you for getting back with me.

Thanks for the update. You didnt get the response I posted on the initial code definitions on the 7th?

Im not sure why it wouldnt show up on your end but I posted the answer for these faults and yes the Freightliner diagnostic software would be needed anyway to assign or read those outputs. I dont know why you didnt get my response but here is what I said:

Me

SAE - 196695 - Current above normal or

grounded circuit

SPN 19669

SAE - 262231 - Current above normal or

grounded circuit

SPN 26223

7 Sept 2016, 1:23 PM

Me

7 Sept 2016, 1:25 PM

Me