Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

1994 nl12 shuts down randomly ( when coasting or minimal

Customer Question

1994 nl12 shuts down randomly ( when coasting or minimal accelerator) can cycle key and she fires up again sometimes else it's park up prime fuel turn batt off may or may not go again. Sporadic all started after I changed some dirty fuel filters .... Prior to that she sometimes would not shut down when key turned off
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set this needs done.If any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.This sounds to be a possible ignition shut down fault and may be an issue with a component like the electronic ignition switch or a relay at fault.Unfortunately my info does not show me any diagrams on this model to help test this issue here.This does need checked into further to locate and repair this issue and having the fault codes checked first is the best thing to do.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
too late. I dont need it anymore. refund pls