Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

2002 bd2g mitsubishi dozer won't start after changing fuel

Customer Question

2002 bd2g mitsubishi dozer won't start after changing fuel filter
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: where would serial # b3 located ?
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hate to admit, but doing it myself. Filled new filter to top with fuel. started motor. ran good for 2 minutes then died
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Pretty sure I hav eair in fuel system. just not sure sequense to purge air out
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

let's treat it like any other diesel engine. Locate The primer pump, either on the filter or on the cylinder block. open the bleed valve at the injector pump inlet. Pump the primer until all the air is out to the injector pump housing. Then close the bleeder. If tractor will not start then, you will need to loosen the high pressure injection lines at the nozzles on the cylinder head, then crank engine until you have fuel squirting , then tighten the lines and start the tractor, when it starts run it at half throttle to clear any left over air from system.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Did you see my response and get the dozer running? Please use 5 star rating to close and get me credit!