Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Lack of horse power high EGT. Throwing code 252 FM 4. 1998

Customer Question

Lack of horse power high EGT. Throwing code 252 FM 4. 1998 Int 9300 with N14 celect plus
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 1998. Int Eagle 9300. Cummns
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed the fuel filter. Checked for holes or leaks in my fuel lines
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is the code 251
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I've been gone for a few days and see no one has assisted you yet. Do you still need assistance with this?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

If you need manuals, diagrams, etc please don’t hesitate to ask. I have access to several different OEM resource sites and can provide these items as needed for a premium service at the direct technician cost to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback. If for some reason you don’t see the rating screen, please reply with the rating you would like to give me.

Please note that customers are required to rate per your end use service agreement with the site.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am torn here... I would like the help but feel very deceived by ...
I googled my concern and saw a potential answer on the justanswer web site .... A pop up dialog box came up with a live operator. During our dialog there was pop ups that said an expert was waiting to help me. I was broken down in Gillette Wyoming. I believe any reasonable and prudent person would believe their going to receive help immediately. I signed up and paid up. Then I get notified it could take 24 hours but usually 10 minutes .... Then what 2 days later I hear from you. I feel scammed! Justanswer has taken my money promising me help.
I had to take things into my own hands and make temporary repairs.
Sorry to take this out on you but again I feel very deceived and am concerned how many people maybe getting scammed!
Back to the truck ... It still throwing the code and has reduced the horsepower from 475 to 325. ...
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

There is no one getting scammed here. There are thousands of people that get the needed help they need, but a few slip through the cracks due to customer's putting in wrong emails, listing in wrong categories like this question was, etc. A lot of the experts in this category are on vacation with their families and as far as I go, I live in Florida and had to evacuate my house due to the hurricane. I apologize you feel scammed because you expected immediate help that was unavailable at the time of the question.

I will send this to customer service for them to assist you. Good day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your response .... Falling through the cracks is one thing .... I understand that I own 3 companies two are active excavation companies with 53 pieces of equipment running and the third is a Lowboy Hauling Sevice which I was helping haul when this issue happened and things happen but when I make promises I can't keep I communicate ... I appreciate your communication ... It is too bad someone did not catch the wrong category and re-direct it and communicate. Oh well ...
Have a good day ... I appreciate your efforts ...