spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.

I'm building a firewood prosessor my filtersare 70 gals per

Customer Question

I'm building a firewood prosessor my filtersare 70 gals per minute my ? is by putting filters above fluid leval but piping them down below fluid leval will you get air in the system this way one filter will be filtering about 60 gal per minute and the other 25 I want to be able change filter cartrages without oil going all ver the place
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: im building the machine from scratch usin to propane bottols for my tank they are connected to gether side by and one willfill the other one and act sort of as a baffle so the fluid has a better chance to let air bobbles go to the top combined they are 55 gal
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 month ago.

Good morning sorry for delay

Yes you would get air in system only during filter change but you would not have an issue once it is primed from the beginning of build, what little air you would get would bleed out after you restart.

You may want to add in a check valve between first filter and supply tank you can shut off during filter change to avoid a mess and keep you from losing prime. I would also add another check valve after last filter so you are closing off before and after filters.

Please take the time to Rate me with stars at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time..
you may still follow up after rating if needed
Thank You!.