Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a international 466e that had a scored cylinder which

Customer Question

I have a international 466e that had a scored cylinder which I replaced and fixed. Now that I have it all back together it wants to blow antifreeze out of the cap. What is weird about this is that it only does the first time you drive it. I will bring it back to the shop and add antifreeze to it again, go test drive it again and the temperature runs fine and normal. It is only on the first drive that it does this. Have replaced all gaskets when I fixed the scored cylinder. Have also put in a new thermostat and temp sensor.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Pressure test the cooling system and see if it holds pressure and look for any signs of coolant in the fuel or oil indicating a possible faulty injector cup, Head gasket failure, etc. . Was it only one cylinder that was fixed? If so verify your liner heights are in specs or the head gasket will not hold. Also, was the head sent out for pressure testing and magnafluxing for cracks? Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No we did not send the head out for pressure testing or magnafluxing for cracks.

Thanks for the update

I recommend starting with a pressure test of the cooling system and also see if there is signs of coolant in the exhaust indicated by white ash at the ports, etc. and check to see if compression is getting past an injector cup.