Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a 2006 sterling lt9500 and the cruise operates all

Customer Question

i have a 2006 sterling lt9500 and the cruise operates all the time cannot get it to shut off with the off and on switch it will accelerate and decelerate with the other switch. it will operate as soon as you turn the key on with out having to push the button on it is a new horn pad and switch. it does cancel with the clutch and brake and no matter what we try the scanner always says it is on.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your engine make model and serial number?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it has a mercedes motor and the vin is2fzhazcv05au83466 guess its a 2005
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
coud the pto switch let the cruise stay on with out turning the cruise on with the switch on the pad
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When do you think i will hav a response?

Hi, Sorry for the delay. I help on here in between jobs as time allows. Experts arent employees of the site but I will always reply back on my next available logins. Do you have the engine Model number from the ID tag? MBE4000? OM906LA? Etc? Are there any fault codes logged in history active or inactive? does it change with the park brake on or off? Let me know

I can send a premium service offer as well if a phone call would be easier and more efficient.

We can continue here as well. the call is an option if preferred.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I gave you the vin which would tell you the exact engine also i stated that the cruise cancelled when you hit the clutch or brake in my question that you obviously didnt read. I figured the problem out myself as there were problems with the way the pto was wired. This is the second time i have used this site and the second time i got zero results.

I have an independent repair shop. I do not have dealer access to key in your VIN. I see you are not willing to look at the engine tag to get me the engine information I requested. I can only go by what you provide me. Maybe the results will be different if you cooporate and give the experts the information they request.

i have multiple Mercedes engine manuals. Which one would you suggest I look in first?

I see you have posted 4 questions since 2015 including one for an EGR issue which you got detailed troubleshooting info for a MAF sensor from another expert but none of the 4 questions ever received any ratings. the experts are not employees of the site. Experts volunteer their time and receive a portion of the question value on positive feedback or accepted answers. I will be sure to check rating history more closely in the future before offering my time to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Maybe since you are charging 46$ for less than 3minutes of work you should invest in software that actually benefits people you are taking money from instead of me doingthe leg work. Take a minute and punch the vin in your pc you can find all the specs you are looking for
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your rating will be just as you provided me with the info i needed like i said in the time you responded i found a wiring diagram and repaired it myself

Experts volunteer their time.... They dont get pad full question value or have anything to do with pricing or the money. Please take that up with the website. Your deposit sits with them. There are times when the customer fixes the problem before an expert is available to help. Glad you found it. In the time you fixed your problem I was on the clock billing shop rate to one of my customers here as well so it was a win win for both of us. Have a great afternoon.