Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

1998 FREIGHTLINER FLD 120 D120064S T 1FUYDZYBXWP725681 ABS

Customer Question

1998 FREIGHTLINER FLD 120 D120064S T 1FUYDZYBXWP725681ABS light on / Wheel spin light on.Hello , I am having a issue with both abs light and wheel spin light. The -ABS light- will stay on at all times as long the key is in the ignition . When hard braking the rear drive axle ( 3 axle ) will lock, the other axles will not lock.
The - wheel spin light- was coming on driving at speeds above 45 mph, after 2 months the light will come on at speeds above 15 mph. When the tires are actually spinning the light will not come on. When stepping on the brakes the light will turn off and come back on after the brakes are released .
I took the truck to two different shops and they just do not want to get their hands dirty or they just do not have any idea of was is going on. The computer only shows one code -ECM Non Volatile Memory Fault- for what I understand is a common problem on Detroit that can go for years without issues .
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Truck Mechanic should know?
Customer: No all the problems where described above
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I know some/most model vehicles use wheel speed sensors.If a wheel speed sensor or vehicle speed sensor is sending an incorrect vehicle speed signal a fault like this may occur.If this was not checked into this should be done to see if one of the sensors is the cause or a reluctor ring that a sensor may read off of needing replaced.This may have to be further tested and checked by a repair facility in or around your area that is willing to look into and repair this fault on your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete