Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Got a 07 freightliner with a 14liter motor. Had motor built

Customer Question

got a 07 freightliner with a 14liter motor. Had motor built few months ago and it seems to run fine however it is making a funny noise. Sounds like when you make a popping noise with your mouth in a low tone. Reran the overhead and it didnt help and thought may have been in air compressor and put new one on but it wasnt . It was a new detroit head that was even checked .. any ideas?? maybe valve issue is all i can think of
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Truck Mechanic should know?
Customer: It does not seem to affect the power and it seems to idle and run perfect but i know something is wrong because it is not suppose to sound like it does
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

was it a reman head , or Brand New ??