Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Deer 328d park brake wont release, brake engages machine

Customer Question

john deer 328d park brake wont release
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: brake engages machine starts but brake wont release so no movement and no boom movement
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: i just bought the machine and the lights were hot wired into the ign. switch so i removed the jumper wire in doing so i blew the ign. fuse replaced fuse and the head light switch. everything works now except the brake disengage. I replaced and doubled checked every fuse . there is a light on that says hydraulic, pressure restriction
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** is your machine serial number?

Start by testing your fuses and relays, your park brake switch for continuity in both engaged and released positions and if okay, check your wiring harness and connector pins for corrosion, damage or shorts. Check the park brake solenoid and valve for proper operation as well. Let me know