Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Trying to find out the correct injector timing for a Isuzu

Customer Question

trying to find out the correct injector timing for a Isuzu ftr truck.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: vin: JALFTR3UR47000181
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am repairing this machine myself, it has a previous history of the injector pump skipping of its timing due to a faulty coupling. We have since replaced coupling and it has run well for the past 8 months. I carried out a service on it and all was well until the operator turned up to collect the truck, upon starting the truck he noticed a loud tapping noise and shut the truck down. On investigating the noise I have limited the noise t no:3 cylinder. I have used a micro camera to check the piston and valves for damage which I was un able to fault. So I'm back to thinking it could be diesel knock.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: i have the injector pump timing marks aligned and the engine timing mark is at 12 deg
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about as far as i have gone waiting on intector timing procedures befor i continue
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this? If so please post the complete engine model and serial number from the ID tag.