Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

98 New Holland LX865 / F04 has been coming and going the

Customer Question

98 New Holland LX865 / F04 has been coming and going the last two months. Now its rendered my machine useless. Dealership replace fuel shutoff solenoid and still have problem. My seat switches and seatbelt switches seam fine. No shorts in the wire...They are saying the next thing is to replace the EIC MODULE. Machine runs fine in service mode but of course no boom operation :(
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: Above my head there are 4 fuses. The 3rd one counting from the front to the back will make the F04 code turn off immediatly but the machine will not start without that fuse in. Not sure if that helps asses
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Try replacing the hydraulic pressure sensor ,located at the hydraulic filter housing on the right side , as you open the rear door. Does engine run for a short time and shut off ? That is how this sensor works. Usually a bad sensor and not low pressure!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

I see question is still open , did you find the problem?