Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Fuel goes on limp mode

Customer Question

fuel goes on limp mode
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** is the year make and model truck and engine make and model? what do you have for fault codes logged in the ECM?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't have an ecm 2006GMC W3500 cab forward 5.2l diesel I was driving I hit a bump the I tried to press the gas pedal and it went to limp mode the shut the engine few minuts later restated and was fine so now it does it periodically with the engine light on.

ECM = Electronic control module... The ECM is what puts it in limp mode and stores fault codes. does the check engine light come on?

You do have an ECM. That is the computer that turns on your engine light. It means there are fault codes logged. You will need a scan tool to retrieve the codes. the codes will tell us what circuit has a problem causing the derate in power or as you say limp mode. Let me know