Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

On a 2005 387 peterbilt, how do you get the key portion of

Customer Question

on a 2005 387 peterbilt, how do you get the key portion of the ignition switch out of the old ignition switch so that you can put it in the replacement ignition switch
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it doesn't appear that you are going to be able to answer ,my question, and the truck needs to be on the road early. so if have to wait until Monday to get the answer it is not worth the money you me quoted me keep the 5 dollars good faith deposit, but don't charge me for the answer you don't have
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi Randy, My name is***** will be glad to help if you still need help. Let me know.

To remove the lock cylinder from the dash mounted switch pull the switch out,turn it until you will see a small horizontal slot under the key part. There is a little tab in this slot that is spring loaded. Take a paper clip press this tab down and at the same time pull on the chrome edge where the key goes in . This allows the lock cylinder to come out of the switch. Placing the key in the switch makes it easier. Reinstall is the same , depress the small tab and slide the cylinder in. Make sure the key turns when you are done.On the back of the cylinder is a small pie shaped raised area. In the switch there is a milled out area in the same shape. Make sure these are lined up as you slide the cylinder into the switch. Let me know