go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.

I am workin on 1998 Freightliner custom chassis parking

Customer Question

I am workin on 1998 Freightliner custom chassis parking brake it get press from power steer pump an it has pb on shifter an yellow push pull knob on dash for pb originally it locked up an park light is on on dash all time also. Idk I replaced the actuator spring an the big relay valve still nothing idk what to do an no one seems to help
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is this truck air brakes or hydraulic brake?

What is the chassis model from the ID tag? Is the an MT45 chassis or another style?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hey Dan I'm Ronnie. It has hydraulic disc brakes on unit. The pb is drum style in the dive shaft it isa1998 fl custom chassis utilmaster bidy fedex truck vin is 4uza4ff4xwc932621. Fll number
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have replaced the brake chamber deal the relay valve an the park valve that hooks to the yellow knob

Thanks for the update Ronnie, I am not familiar with this park brake setup and did not find any literature to help. Hang tight as another expert might be able to help you with this once I opt out.

Expert:  go-west.. replied 2 months ago.
Good afternoon
You complaint know is just the light is on all the time?