Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2005 mack vision cx613. For several years, every so often

Customer Question

2005 mack vision cx613. For several years, every so often would take more than 7 or 8 seconds of cranking before starting. But it eventually always started. Now it has finally gotten worse to where it often requires starting fluid to get it started. (Forgot to mention this problem only occurs when truck is warm. when it sits and is cold it fires right up.) As it did get worse the regular driver of the truck said he had a technique that got it to fire every time. He would turn off key, then turn it to the on position,let it sit 10-15 seconds,then crank the motor and it would start right up. Now we are afraid to shut it off.
HELP,
Brian
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi Brian, My name is***** are you getting for fault codes? If no codes, check for restrictions or leaks between the fuel tank and pump and also for air in the system using a clear hose or sight glass to look for bubbles. There should be little to none. Check for low fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge as well. Please post the complete engine model from the ID tag if you need more help. Let me know