Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have an Eaton Fuller Ultrashift 10 speed transmissionin a

Customer Question

I have an Eaton Fuller Ultrashift 10 speed transmissionin a 2007 8600 international Truck shifts fine upshiffting and downshifting until you are in 2 3 or 4th gear and start to accelerate that's when you hear a clunk in the transmission. What might my problem be?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is the transmission throwing any fault codes? Also, A clunk could be anywhere in the driveline or even radiate through from the rear end as well. Check all your u joints and driveline and suspension components for worn pins and bushings, slip yokes and yokes at the transmission and rears, etc. Drain the oil and look for metal inside the transmission or rears indicating an internal problem. Let me know the results.