Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2007 freightliner m2 4 ways go on with key and will not go

Customer Question

2007 freightliner m2 4 ways go on with key and will not go off and no wipers
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Have you tried changing the turn signal switch?

Do you have any bh or ch codes on the dash?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Unplugged switchand they still are on and I have a code of 6h 164

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

BH164 Stands for Bulkhead 164. It is related to the ABS system. Pushing the button again will bring up the diagnostic mode. When the fault appears. press it again and it will tell you which part has failed. ex sol073 for solenoid 73.

I was hoping there was a bulkhead code to help resolve, but there isn't with that code. So that meanes it is before the bulkhead module which means the switch or the shaft area.

The code you have doesn't relate to the turn signal switch. Have you checked the wiring in the shaft area to see if there is any rub throughs? Do a wiggle test by grabbing that harness and wiggling it. See if the lights stop and come back on. I will post up diagrams if needed for this will need various wire chasing. Once you unplugged the turn signal switch, the flashers should have gone off so the issue is elsewhere.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Sid 24 fail 07

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Sid 24 fail 07 Sid 30 fail 07 Sid 38 fail 9 Sid 4 fail2 sid 231 fail 02 sid 17 fail 2 sid 10 fail 05

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

The 24, 30, and 4 on the sid all reference the stalk switch. $ is failure of high beam circuit in, the 24 is failure of turn signal in, and the 30 is failure of windshield in. These could have been from unplugging the switch or the switch is bad and needs to be replaced.

SID 10 is hazard switch CAN error ICU3. That is a fault in the dash. You can have backfeeding from the dash itself causing the issue. Pull the cluster out and unplug it. See if the turn signals stop. If so, there is a fault in the cluster itself.

Sid 17 is J1939 error in the ICU3. Again, there is a fault in the cluster itself.

Sid 231 is J1939 data invalid from the ABS module. I see that a lot and it could be a loose wire at teh ABS module or one of the wheel speed sensors is acting up becasue it isn;t pushed against the tone wheel all the way. Very common code.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Unplugged cluster and flasher still on

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

You definitely have a wiring issue behind the dash that will need to be chased down. The issue can even be in the SEM (switch Expansion Module) which is behind the dash. The bad thing is this truck is like a rolling computer.

Try to borrow a loaner turn signal switch and then I will upload the electrical manual for you to use. It is massive! There are so many spots to check it can be overwhelming.

It is cheaper for me to pull the whole electrical manual than it is to pull the section by section.

CLICK HERE. Download this and let me know you have so I can keep the link open. It will close automatically and I want to make sure you get it. Thanks.