Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

02 volvo semi 10 speed trans have no power to shift solenoid

Customer Question

02 volvo semi 10 speed trans have no power to shift solenoid can't go into high gear
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: can't switch from low to high
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Truck Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no power at solenoid
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my phone number(###) ###-####Bill
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi Bill, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the complete make and model information from the transmission ID tag so I can be sure to get you the correct information?

I see you seem interested in a phone call as well. They are offered as a premium service offer separately from this question. If you would like to add a call click on the premium service options and send over the request and I will gladly accept on my next available login. I help on here in between jobs as time allows.

If it is the Meritor Transmission with the two shift solenoids at the rear of the transmission the common problem is the shift knob and the wiring from the shift knob. Check for damaged wiring and connector pins. Let me know. Once I know the transmission model info I can likely help with diagrams and troubleshooting information.