Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

2003 ford 550 Transmission does not engage the pto what PID

Customer Question

2003 ford 550 Transmission does not engage the pto what PID should i look for on the scan tool to see if the ecm is turning on the right solenoid.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually there will be a data signal for pto on/off that you can see on the data list to see if it is changing on to off as commanded.If it is not this can be a fault with the pto switch itself or wiring from the switch.If it is this may be due to an internal electrical fault in the engine computer with it needing replaced.This would have to be checked into/tested further to be sure of the cause and repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to know what clutch pak is engaging the PTO gear is it the coast clutch pak or the torque lock up. And what solenoid am i looking for to comand A, thru E.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not show this info on this myself but others here may be able to help further.I will open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete