Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

That you I have 140 h grader that does not select gear if

Customer Question

That you I have 140 h grader that does not select gear if you go to gear above then drop back it will it is worse in reverse and binds up in 6th when changing up had computer on it and transmission does not seem to relate to leavers position and warning lights come on but don't know what this means thank you warren
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: We have had transmission out 3 times and checked on dealer seemed to get it better by the tranmission control valve but am unsure about warning lights coming on intermittent for a few seconds did not realise they may be code. But when computer was on it it had no codes unsure don't know what to do thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

If your transmission data on the computer does not signal correctly according to what position the levers are in this can be a fault with a component like a transmission range/position sensor.I have seen allot of these fail in the past before and cause this type of fault here needing replaced.If this was not checked into to see if this is the cause here this needs done.If this was already checked into and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete