Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Bh33 error message, Tried to start truck nothing happened

Customer Question

bh33 error message
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Tried to start truck nothing happened dash had BH33 code. tried twice then locked up truck 5 mins later it worked
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Heavy Truck Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** will be glad to try to help. Please post the year and chassis model truck you have. From the post about BH33 I am assuming it is a Freightliner M2 but I prefer not to assume.

Click on this link for the code information for the bulkhead module. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2013 freightliner M2
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
325 hp cummins
Allison auto trans
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Couldn't find bh33

That is not a fault code.... BH 33 is bulkhead module

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok so how do I know what the problem was???

You will need to get the actual fault code from the bulkhead module.They are listed in the link I posted under the column titled this:

"J1939 Fault Codes From Bulkhead Module (SA 33)" SA 33 is BH 33. It is just identifying you have a fault logged in that module.

if you can not access the full codes by using the mode/reset button to go to the next screen you will need to have the dealer scan tool connected to pull the full codes. Click this link and see the instrctions on the instrument cluster to access codes.