Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a JD 5425 and my indicator light just started coming

Customer Question

I have a JD 5425 and my indicator light just started coming on and beeps also. I checked the manual and it says possible transmission issue. in an idle at 1500 rpms not beep or warning light at 1700 I get a beep and warning light
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: Fluid is showing good in upper sight glass and temps are in the green
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi Bruce, My name is***** indicator/warning light is coming on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
On the 5425 there is only one indicator light and in the owners manual it refers to a transmission malfunction
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The indicator light is right of the N (neutral light) on the right side of the instrument console.

Thanks for the update. Click on this link and let me know if it is K that you are referring to?

Also in this link it is shown as B for the power Reverser. If that is the light it indicates there is a malfunction or fault logged. Let me know as JD service advisor on laptop can be used to pull the fault codes or by utilizing a John Deere performance monitor with the diagnostic adapter. The performance monitor with diagnostic adapter is available for purchase from Deere dealers but you would also need to purchase the diagnostic manual for your tractor.

Click this link.

Indicator malfunction light B

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is correct it is "B" Bravo (Information Indicator)

Thanks for the update. It will need to be plugged in to a laptop with the service advisor software for further troubleshooting and fault code retrieval unless you purchase the performance monitor and manual to run through the troubleshooting steps that way. The laptop is much faster and easier. Let me know