Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I am working on a 2005 T2000, It won't blow air from the

Customer Question

I am working on a 2005 T2000, It won't blow air from the dash vents just defrost or floor.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You have 2 outside and 2 inside. If you remove the glove box, you should see one of them on the top. That should control the defrost to vent to floor.

Then you have one on the left that should control the heat/cool.

See if the one on the top is working and getting power, if you have the elctric style. T2000 use 2 styles where one is air and the other is electric. If I recall for your year, the actuator should be electric.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not see any actuators in the glove box , just the fuses
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I turn the mode switch from defrost to vent to floor it just goes straight from the defrost to floor without any air coming from the dash vents
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

It's been awhile since I worked on the T2000 models.

You might have the old dash where the actuator is on the left, near the center of the dash, behind the dash plate for the vent control to the defrost control. If you remove the plate above the radio, you will see it. That is the old style.