Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

2007 maxi force dt466 the truck had a engine put in it two

Customer Question

2007 maxi force dt466 the truck had a engine put in it two weeks ago. Ran perfect for 1 week and then just fluttered out. It will idle when you go to give it fuel it farts, coughs, and dies. Some times you can't get it restarted
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have blown out fuel lines I have used a smoke machine to see where it is leaking? Nothing
I am starting to believe that is a bad sensor but their are no codes in the truck.
When you give it throttle the rpm are irrational the iCP is all over the place
it has 50 lbs of pressure on the low side of the fuel filters
Pulled and cleaned the tank to get sediment out of it I can get the truck to run for a hour shut it off and restart itPossible IVS sensor( idle validation)or throttle position pedal new thought
Expert:  Andy replied 9 months ago.

Hi there ! My name is Andy ! Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin please ? Also have you got an engine light on ? Have you been able to retrieve faults ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Their are no codes. . Last 8n682185
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Once in a while you will get the triangle orange with the warning engine light. Bu5 it resets with cycling the key
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No faults
Expert:  Andy replied 9 months ago.

Triangle is a caution lamp .. It tells us that there is a problem in one of the systems on the truck . When that light comes on , you need to look at the cluster screen to see what it says .... check engine , abs , tranny , etc...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It says abs
Expert:  Andy replied 9 months ago.

Ok so the problem is with abs when that caution lamp comes on

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Andy replied 9 months ago.

Try this procedure to retrieve faults ! You may have the option to do this on your truck :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/878y9jy4bxlmy3n/optional%20fault%20code%20retrieval.txt?dl=0

Expert:  Andy replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me if it is hard to start when engine is at operating temperature ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It starts right up
Expert:  Andy replied 9 months ago.

Hi there !

Expert:  Andy replied 9 months ago.

So if it starts right up , then icp is likely ok . and fuel pressure is good too

Expert:  Andy replied 9 months ago.

Can you hear your turbo spooling up ? Have you inspected the turbo ?

Expert:  Andy replied 9 months ago.

Do you still need help ?

Expert:  Andy replied 9 months ago.

Are you still in need of help ? I am here if needed ! Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end ! Feedback is very importnt and bonus is greatly appreciated too . Thanks .