Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

1996 Hino Merlin FC. Brake lock not releasing.. Vacuum not

Customer Question

1996 Hino Merlin FC. Brake lock not releasing.. Vacuum not building up sufficently to release lock. Wondering what would be the easiest and quickest way to release the brake lock for a short move. (few hundred metres).
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I haven't worked on that particular Hino because I am in the USA, but on the ones here, I use a vacuum pump on the line bypassing the valve to release the brake as needed to move them into the shop to work on them. They tend to leak at the vacuum canister and when you put the hand pump after the box, it usually will work.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback. If you don’t see this screen, please reply with the rating you would like to give.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do not fully understand your reply.. but i don't have a vacuum pump to attempt - is there an alternative method? Can you explain in simpler terms.