Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

1998 International Harvester model 2554 to the best of my

Customer Question

1998 International Harvester model 2554 to the best of my knowledge. passenger side fuel tank not being used and will not fill up when I refuel. took off all of the fuel lines on the passenger side fuel tank and blew through each one and you could hear bubbles coming from the driver side fuel tank. the passenger side check valve is not plugged up and the hose coming off of it had a bunch of dirt in it but was not actually plugged up. the sending unit on the passenger side tank has a sending unit with no wires going to it. I was told that the truck used the fuel from both tanks when the engine was running but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am the second owner. the truck has a Cummins M11 Plus engine in it or at least that is what the valve cover says.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Does the truck show any signs that an electric cross over pump was used? Is the second tank original or added? You mentioned there are no wires going to that sending unit and that is why I am confused for both sending units work with the ECM and the ECM will then control a pump that will keep the tanks balanced. It almost sounds like the second tank was added or the items were removed.

Can you check this? Does the fuel line from the engine both feed and return to the same tank or does it feed from the driver and return to the passenger?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

If you need manuals, diagrams, etc please don’t hesitate to ask. I have access to several different OEM resource sites and can provide these items as needed for a premium service at the direct technician cost to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback. If for some reason you don’t see the rating screen, please reply with the rating you would like to give me.

Please note that customers are required to rate per your end use service agreement with the site.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!