Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

My truck is doing the same thing. It did have a qualcomm at

Customer Question

My truck is doing the same thing. It did have a qualcomm at on time and the gauges stopped working when the qualcomm cable fell on the ground and drug. Checked both fuse locations and the truck has all circuit breakers not fuses. Not sure if maybe there is another fuse for the datalink somewhere else?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What is the vehicle doing? You mentioned the qualcomm cable drub on the ground. Was it pulled?

Did you have the terminating resistor checked?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The antenna is no longer on the truck. The cable that drug is the cable that would have gone to the antenna.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

Did you unplug the qualcomm or is it removed as well?

Did you check the terminating resistor? Best way to check is wit ha ohm gauge on the data port. If the resistance is off, it will inform there is an issue in the data link and not in the cluster itself.

Check between pins C and D with the batteries disconnected. See that you are reading between 59 and 61 ohms. If you are reading any different, then you'll know there is an issue in the datalink cause by the qualcomm cabling or the terminating resistor.

If you are reading 60 ohms, the issue is at the cluster. This will narrow down the issue tremendously.

CLICK HERE for the pin chart