John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services

Trying to put front and rear transmission together, will not

Customer Question

trying to put front and rear transmission together, will not mesh
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  John Oliver replied 2 months ago.

good morning Fred my name is ***** ***** I will help assist you in this. it sounds like you have covered the basics here. making sure all 4 areas are of equal distance. here are a few things that have jammed me up when marrying up tractors

1) disc and splines dropped down (they look good but 1/8 inch off and you will struggle)

2) end of the shaft that enters the piolet bearing burred

3) end of the splined shaft burred

4) PTO disc's that will not stay in place

if you are an inch away then I suspect that you have not yet entered the disc so the splines are where you need to focus your attention on. did you verify that the disc will marry up to the shaft? I have had that happen before

one other trick that I use all the time is a come a long. I tie the come a long to the front axle and the rear draw bar and winch it in. this way I have a controlled constatnt pressure and it also allows me to bounce on it with my foot to give it that extra shove.

hope you find a couple of these things useful and please feel free to respond with your progress or more questions