cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

Code 4360 replace every sensor on exhaust no success. Truck

Customer Question

Code 4360 replace every sensor on exhaust no success. Truck runs fine engine light off and then the red shut down light comes on shuts the truck down .what's wrong and what sensor
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 4 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

year, make model, engine????

Roy

are you there

trying to help you. need your response

Roy

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Found answer sorry
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK spc code coming up all sensors changed on 2012 isc Cummins and shuts the truck down
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 4 months ago.

what is the engine serial number? Are there any other codes present active or inactive?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The serial don't have truck not here but the code SBR catalytic and replaced every scencor in exhaust and no luck and same code back this is in a 2012 freightliner m3

Ok if you can get the serial number it would be helpful

Here is the fault description

CODE

Fault Code: 3229
PID:
SPN: 4360
FMI: 0
LAMP: Red

Aftertreatment SCR Intake Temperature - Data Valid But Above Normal Operational Range - Most Severe Level. The SCR intake temperature sensor reading has exceeded the maximum engine protection temperature limit.

Diesel exhaust fluid injection into the SCR aftertreatment system is disabled. The engine can shut down.

The SCR intake temperature sensor is located in the aftertreatment system. The sensor is located between the diesel particulate filter and the SCR catalyst in the exhaust system

This fault will go inactive immediately after the SCR intake temperature drops below the warning limit, and will likely be inactive when the vehicle is in the shop. For these reasons this troubleshooting tree must be used for both active and inactive fault codes.

Possible causes of this fault code include:

• Degraded, diluted, or incorrect diesel exhaust fluid
  • Malfunctioning in-range SCR intake temperature sensor
  • Malfunctioning aftertreatment SCR catalyst temperature sensor interface module.
  • Upstream exhaust system malfunction.

To validate the repair, start the engine and let it idle for 1 minute.The ECM will turn off the red STOP ENGINE lamp after the diagnostic runs and passes.

Hi just following up. Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 3 months ago.

Please don't forget to rate my service