Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

2000 freightliner fl112 with c12 have issues engine will

Customer Question

Hi 2000 freightliner fl112 with c12 have issues engine will shoot down in idle and driving and noticed if I turn AC on it happens if AC of it never happens also piled flash engine light coed 7 pause 1 pause 1 pause 4 pause 7 and it shows same numbers sweet time
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: That is ill I have noticed sometimes engin gets in idle not shouting off I turned AC off And cooling fan on with switch in cab and all gauges reset any engine starts pulling again
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I apologize on the late reply. This looks to have been in the wrong category and it was moved over just a few minutes ago.

To understand you correctly, you are getting the flash codes, but it only happens when the A/C is on?

CLICK HERE for the flash code list. As you can see, you have a cylinder 1/2 fault as well as a engine retarder solenoid fault on the engine. I suggest having the CAT ET put onto the truck to narrow the code down and to test the injectors/solenoids on the engine.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!