Maureen, Moderator
Experience:  How can I help you?

We need help with what wires go where on my solenoid. it's a

Customer Question

We need help with what wires go where on my solenoid.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: it's a 6-71 diesel
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

All wires with big eyes including the posiitve battery cable goes to the open side of the solenoid. Nothing goes on the other side, it connects internally to the starter motor. Then you have a single switch wire that goes to the small post of the solenoid. Is this a truck engine or industrial? 12 volt or 24 volt? Do you have picture you could attach of the wiring and the solenoid?

Expert:  Maureen replied 2 months ago.
We need to contact you, but because we do not have your email address, we are unable to. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
Thank you, ***** Support Team