Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have 04 Freightliner Columbia with 10speed smart shift

Customer Question

I have 04 Freightliner Columbia with 10speed smart shift .one day tranny works perfect next day won't find neutral or doesn't shift properly .has inactive codes 51 52 71 72 73 91. help
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Sounds like you have a XY shifter fault. There is an electrical issue with it or the shifter itself is starting to go out. I would have the shifter tested with the Eaton RoadRanger software and see what it is doing. You can also pull up the errors the transmission shows with the missed shifts. With all the inactive codes, I would suspect a electrical issue in the harness that powers the transmission. They are all shifter related as well so that is why I am at a toss between it being power related or the shifter motor itself.

If the power tests good, then I would replace the XY shifter.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.