Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have no air conditioner in the back of my truck in the

Customer Question

I have no air conditioner in the back of my truck in the sleeper. When I turn the air on in the front and after a bit, the tach for the speedometer, oil pressure and water temperature all go out. I then receive a error message saying "Warning, No Data Link."
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: When I turn the air off, the tachs jump for a moment and then double back up and are fine again.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My truck to go along with this problem is a 2004 Freightliner Century with a Mercedes Benz engine, 10 speed transmission
Expert:  jetskigreg replied 2 months ago.

There is a module on top of the bunk a/c it says behr do not know your part number they made different ones for different years but it has a plug on it mostly gray wires but there will be a green wire and yellow wire in the plug you need to take this out and take to freightliner dealer and get it replaced yours has shorted out