Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Have a 1994 volvo--wia64t--ser#rn676284---engine turns over

Customer Question

have a 1994 volvo--wia64t--ser#rn676284---engine turns over but won't start--started a week earlier with no problems--went to start and will not go--i have checked the fuse for ECM-B8 in fuse panel--fuse is OK--we have power in computer link but prolink still says not connected to ECM--checked fuel system--primer pump gets hard when trying to start--so getting fuel pressure i need a diagram to check for power & ground at the ECM Thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Engine is a Cat 3406C
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Can you verify this engine for the 3406C doesn't have a ECM. It is a mechanical engine...

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you are partialy correct . this is a 3406 peec. It has a manual pump & injectors but the pump has no throttle shaft it runs electronicly with the use of a throttle position sensor on the foot feed.the ecm sits to the rear of the injection pump.there is a deutz connector to plug into on the left kick panel inside the cab and one ton the eng . next to the ecm.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can . Can i get the full vin number to the truck please ? Also please list the fault codes if any ! Thanks

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help ?