Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

How do i rebuild the injector pump? it is leaking fuel from

Customer Question

how do i rebuild the injector pump? it is leaking fuel from the shut off arm
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: when l'm running the machine fuel is leaking from the back of the fuel injector pump where the shut off arm connects to the fuel injector pump.
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: it also leaks when the machine isn't running I shut the fuel off at the bottom of the fuel tank. because of that i havn't started the machine in quite some time and now i'm having trouble getting it to start, I;m not getting any smoke from the exhaust it's like it's not getting any fuel. I've changed both fuel filters and know that i'm getting fuel to that point, but the machine won't start.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Make and model of engine and what model injection pump? The throttle shaft may have a seal that can be easily removed but some not so easy. !!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
engine model # G2070 injector pump # DB0481AJ3205 another number on the pump was 90938 tlhis is a 1980 580 case backhoe

Service manual link above. The top cover can be removed, to access the stop lever. When dealing with the injection pump, it has to be kept as clean as possible, it does not digest dirt!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i'm not a mechanic, i'm very handy, but am I better off to just hire someone to do this?

It is not something that the inexperienced should do. But I don't know your expertise.

I see question is still open, please rate to close and get me credit.

.