Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I HAVE A 2002 FORD F650 WITH A CUMMINS 5.9L ENGINE. ENGINE

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2002 FORD F650 WITH A CUMMINS 5.9L ENGINE. ENGINE GOES INTO LIMP MODE WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AT THAT TIME. IF YOU SHUT THE KEY OFF AND RESTART IT WILL USUALLY RESET AND OPERATE NORMALLY FOR A PERIOD OF TIME.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

When the ECM was replaced, was it programmed while on the truck?

Have you checked the codes on the engine yet?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
THE ECM WAS PROGRAMED ON THE TRUCK . WE CHECKED THE CODES IT SAID THE SPEED SENSOR WAS THE PROBLEM CHANGED THAT CHECKED THE WIRING FOR FRAYS AND CLEANED ALL CONNECTIONS . BUT STILL CONTINUES TO HAPPEN INTERMITTENTLY.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

So it is going into limp mode for the speed sensor? What was the code?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
JEREMY: I THINK WE ARE DONE. I DO NOT BELIEVE WE COULD EVER SATISFY ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND IF WE COULD ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS WE WOULD ALREADY HAVE OUR ANSWER. SO THANKS FOR YOUR ATTEMPT BUT LETS SAY GOOD BYE . DON
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.

I have to ask the questions in order to assist for I'm not looking at the vehicle. I'm sorry my magic wand couldn't assist you today. Maybe another day.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out.