cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

I need to ajust valves and injectors but now im confused if

Customer Question

I need to ajust valves and injectors but now im confused if I have stc or celect.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Engine serial: 11995059
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Truck Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Aware of what?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 4 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

year, make, model and engine type???

Roy

are you there

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 4 months ago.

What is your engine serial number?

Thank you for that your injectors are electronic therefore you use the Celect method NOT STC. Please don't forget to rate my service

Do you also need the instructions to set the valves and injectors? Please let me know

Here is the info just in case. Follow the chart and sequence. Both valves and injector get set on the same cylinder

Check the valve rocker levers on cylinder number 1 to see if both valves are closed.

Both valves are closed when both rocker levers are loose and can be moved from side to side. If both valves are not closed, rotate the accessory drive one complete revolution; and align the "A" mark with the pointer again.

If the valve rocker lever adjusting screws have been loosened and not yet adjusted, watch the valve push tubes as the engine rolls upon the "A" mark. Both valve push tubes will have moved to the downward (valve closed) position if the engine is on the correct stroke.

Loosen the injector adjusting screw lock nut on cylinder number 1. Bottom the injector timing plunger by tightening and loosening the adjusting screw three or four times to remove the fuel.

When removing the excess fuel, do not apply crush to the injector timing plunger by further tightening the adjusting screw after the plunger is bottomed.

Tighten the adjusting screw on the injector rocker lever until the timing plunger just touches bottom.

Back out the adjusting screw on the injector rocker lever two flats (120 degrees)

Hold the adjusting screw and tighten the lock nut.

Torque Value: 65 n.m [50 ft-lb]

After setting the injector on a given cylinder, set the valves on the same cylinder.

With the "A" set mark aligned with the pointer on the gear cover and both valves closed on cylinder number 1, loosen the lock nuts on the intake and the exhaust valve adjusting screws.

Intake lash is 14 thousands

Exhaust lash is 27 thousands

After adjusting the injector on cylinder number 1 and the valves on cylinder number 1, rotate the accessory drive and align the next valve set mark with the pointer.

Please don't forget to rate my service.

Hi just following up. Please don't forget to rate my service.

Please don't forget to rate my service

Hi just following up. Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service.