Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I have a MH mack with the e7 454 electronic engine the shuts

Customer Question

I have a MH mack with the e7 454 electronic engine the shuts down every few minutes weather on the road or stationary no code s present in the bling codes it did have a broken flywheel sensor now replaced
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

When you state "broken flywheel sensor," how was it broken? Did the harness get damaged at all? If you unplug the sensor and tests it with the engine rotating, does the sensor show that it is reading the flywheel?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello sensor gave up the ghost replaced with new sensor engine shuts down on a regular cycle approx. 4minutes no blink codes showing truck has done in excess of 2million miles
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

That's a lot of miles!!!

If this issue is happening since the sensor, then see if it is showing a break in the ohms reading for the signal. There could still be an issue there or in the harness.

See if the check engine light comes on when key is turned on indicating the ECM is powering up. I would think it is since it runs for 4 minutes. Usually on a short run like that, it is oil pressure related. The truck will die out when it shows the oil pressure too low for a period of time.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

Check the oil pressure sensor and see if it pushed oil or is not reading. Not the gauge sender, but the ECM sender.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.