Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a 2006 International 9400i ISM cummins. The dash

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** have a 2006 International 9400i ISM cummins. The dash gauges don't work, light on says no data link. I have checked all body grounds, checked everything in the battery box, checked power and ground at all sources in the dash - not sure where to turn from here. Only had this problem two other times when it was downpouring rain. It always came back after it dried out but not this time.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi Rob, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check for a loss of power, ground or datalink connection when the problem is present. Also try a wiggle test on the wiring harness to see if you can uncover a loose or corroded connection. If okay then you could have a problem with the ESC or software with the ESC requiring a software update or reflash/ Be sure all connector pins are free of corrosion and loose/damaged connections and install dielectric grease. See if the problem still exists after a software reflash. Let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for the reply, Dan. The problem has not went away. We have this light and no dash functions all the time now. We cannot communicate with the ECM with our laptop. We have 12 volt power at the ALDL but no communication. We have checked and cleaned all grounds in the dash, frame and engine compartment. We have 12 volt power to instrument cluster. Thanks.

Thanks for the information. If the harness and connector pins check okay and all your module power and grounds test good it points to a faulty module if you have no communication. Try a test ECM or have yours bench tested and reflashed. Pleasure to help