Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a Madill 800 with a 5.9 cummins it was loosing power

Customer Question

I have a Madill 800 with a 5.9 cummins it was loosing power so I changed the fuel filters and now it won't run it starts good but surges for 30 seconds and then suts off. But if I put a hydrolic function on it stays running and smothes out but doesn't throttle up at all any ideas thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 4 months ago.

Hi Rob, My name is***** is the complete model information as written from the engine ID tag? Also what is the serial number of your machine? Does it shut down like its starving for fuel or instant like you turned off the key?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a B series The ESN #46493287 the machine s/n 80010 it shuts off like with the key
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also the the engine warning light stays on all fluid levels are good

Thanks for the update Rob, If the engine warning light is staying on it means there are fault codes logged in the ECM. I cant look up information by engine serial number and is why I asked what the model is from the ID tag. I looked it up and should be a QSB5.9 so that what I will go by since you dont have that information. We need to get the fault codes. with the information provided so far we are either looking at a fuel system problem or a hydraulic system pump or component problem if the problem is effected by operating functions.