Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

3126 Cat 1WM13404 # Not getting fuel from transfer pump.

Customer Question

3126 Cat 1WM13404 # Not getting fuel from transfer pump. Replaced transfer pump on back of huie. Still no fuel. Checked lines coming from tank OK. All filters changed. Put a pump on fuel system forcing fuel into fuel rail motor ran. Put fuel pick up on transfer pump no fuel. What gives.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Iam 70 years old and do not have much time left. No codes stored or active.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
The engine has a fuel pressure regulator on the back of the head. If it has failed. The system will not make fuel pressure and no start.
Also, you could have a problem on the back of the heui pump. It may be broken and not working the transfer pump. I would check this first. If the heui is ok. I would suspect the regulator on the back of the head.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Already checked and rebuilt, nice try.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dumb reply stated with charged fuel system engine ran so no back pressure problem!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How often does the common shaft in a huie stop driveing the transfer pump?